When it's BBQ season, the meat is usually the star of the show, but that doesn't mean your sides have to be boring! Everyone loves a classic potato salad and this one is the perfect addition to a summer spread. It's loaded with colorful veggies, creamy dressing, and delectable smoky Gouda. We kept it meat-free but if you want to step it up a notch, add some crispy bacon pieces!
Youngsters Hickory Smoked Gouda is ideal for shredding and melting. This Gouda is cold smoked over Hickory wood to infuse a velvety, toasty smokiness that adds a level of depth to the potatoes. Find it at your local Whole Foods or retailer.
- Youngsters Hickory Smoked 6oz wedge (shredded)
- 6 Golden Yukon potatos
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 cup of peas
- 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE
- Boil a pot of water and insert the potatoes until tender with a fork. Here, we did 3 without skin and 3 with skin but it's up to your preference!
- Pour frozen peas into a nonstick saucepan and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook covered over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heating throughout. Stir occasionally. Let stand for 1-2 minutes then drain.
- Shred Youngsters Hickory Smoked Gouda and cut tomatoes and bell pepper while potatoes and peas are cooking.
- Remove potatoes and cut into small cubes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, add mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and shredded Gouda. Mix it up. Once fully dressed, add in the remaining ingredients leaving some behind for garnish.
- Garnish with some remaining ingredients and enjoy! Best served chilled.